- Intermediate PHP Developer
- South Africa
- Front & Backend development for key internal business solutions
Urban Utilities is looking for an “intermediate PHP developer” with fast experience within software development
As a solutions-driven company, we require an intermediate PHP Developer with 4+ years’ experience in PHP programming language and related frameworks (non-negotiable).
The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on professional with expert knowledge that will be responsible for understanding the business requirements, support, and maintenance of new and existing applications dedicated to Urban Utilities.
Your Key Performance Areas will be measured by
- To ensure consistent delivery of quality solutions and develop the most appropriate and efficiently designed solutions to problems.
- To ensure every solution developed meets the development specifications and to ensure all release adhere to quality requirements
- To adhere to development and document standards, to ensure the highest standards are applied to code produced
- To ensure all software is meticulously tested and to ensure tests are automated where possible.
- To help ensure we maintain and improve the uptime of our systems
- To investigate new processes, tools, and frameworks and to ensure we continually improve the way we do things
Solid experience with
- PHP7+, SQL, MySQL
- HTML5 & CSS3
- API, JSON process integrations
- PHP frameworks – Laravel, CodeIgniter
- Experience in working with cloud architecture
- Web application security Tools
- Experience with Restful Services and SOA Architecture
- AWS components – EC2, S3, RDS
- Understanding project requirements from a project manager and being able to produce the requested outcome independent of your manager.
- Gain a better understanding of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Improve understanding of business requirements as provided by the business analyst per project.
- Constantly improve on presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to understand team roles and how to engage your colleagues effectively to produce the desired outcome beneficial to the team and the business.
- Developing projects to meet business requirements primarily using but not restricted to the PHP programming language and related frameworks.
- Design, develop, and maintain quality reusable, efficient, and reliable code.
- Design and build databases.
- Identify bottlenecks, bugs, and develop solutions to problems experienced during projects.
- Assist and support the design and the QA teams during the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Broad understanding of new technology and the application of it to the software development process.
- Ability to review project results and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop enhancements and fix bugs on existing products.
- Assist in performing Alpha Testing on all developments.
- Make effective use of Git and source control technologies.
- Ability to pick up technologies quickly and learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently and be a flexible, self-motivated team player.
- Constantly research, learn, and implement front-end and back-end technologies and related frameworks.
- Constantly research, learn, and implement applications on the cloud platforms and give suggestions on how the company can make effective use of this.
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and IT support while leading development to a completed and successful solution.
Skills and Competencies
- 4+ years’ experience
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Required to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- B.Sc. Computer Science (or similar)
What do we offer you in return:
We grow talent by giving you the opportunity to develop your career based on your strengths.
Urban Utilities is a career destination for engaged, passionate, and talented people who are driven to seek the innovation, growth, and opportunity that only we offer.
This will include:
- A remuneration package that will consist of (Market Related Salary) – based on experience
What you will need
- Own reliable Computer (Must have)
- Own Reliable internet access (Must have)
Closing date for applications
- 20 January 2021 @ 12h00
Submit Your Application
You can submit your application for this vacancy by clicking the button below, remember to include your CV